10 Tips for Teaching About the
- Choose appropriate material for the age level.
- Use material appropriate for a wide range of ability levels.
- Break the material into various phases or categories.
- Be realistic about the amount you can cover in the time you
- Allow students time to reflect.
- Be historically accurate (e.g. WWII was not fought to end the
- Small group activities and large group discussions
- Interdisciplinary activities that allow students to explore
various ideas, concepts, and topics work well.
- Students should not be encouraged to explore Revisionist
websites or Revisionist ideas.
- Whether or not the Holocaust happened is not debatable.
Material provided by Neil Anderson, teacher at South High School,
Minneapolis, Minnesota. More tips are available at the Holocaust
Museum website at http://www.ushmm.org/education/foreducators/