Students will use a timeline to identify resistance to Nazis.
- Students will look at the timeline on the Light from the Yellow
Star website for information about resistance.
- Students will consider questions about the events.
Resistance, ghetto, revolt
Look at the timeline on the Light from the Yellow Star website for
answers to these questions:
- A revolt in the Warsaw Ghetto began in April of 1943. How long
were the Jews able to keep up the resistance?
- In August of 1943, there is a revolt at the Treblinka
extermination camp and 200 Jews escape. What happens to them?
- In October of 1943, 300 Jews and Soviet POWs escape from Sobibor.
How many survive?
Read your answers in class. Discuss the questions below.
- Some people say the Jews did not resist the Nazis. Why do you
think they say that? What might they mean?
- Can you think of reasons more Jews did not resist?
- Do you think you or others in your family would have resisted? Why
or why not?