LESSON PLAN: WHAT WAS REQUIRED
Students will use a timeline to follow the growth of the list of
- Students will look at the timeline on the Spread the Light
website for things that were legally required of Jews.
- Students will consider questions about the activities.
Look at the timeline on the Spread the Light website. What
requirements were passed on the following dates:
- April of 1938?
- July of 1938?
- August of 1938?
- October of 1938?
- February of 1939?
- November of 1939?
Read your answers in class and discuss the questions below.
- Can you see a connection between the April, 1938 requirement and
the February 1939 requirement? What might it be?
- What do you think the purpose of the August 1938 requirement was?
- Are there things you are required to do for your own good? Are any
of the Jewish requirements meant for the good of the Jews?
- How do you feel when you hear the word forced?
Click here for a printable
version of this lesson plan.