Students will consider different points of view in a situation from
Light From the Yellow Star.
- Students will consider the feelings and motivation of people in
Dr. Fischís story.
- Students will think about the different ways people can react to
the same events.
Occupied, ghettos, boxcars, destination
Read page 10 in Light from the Yellow Star. Imagine the
scene as frightened Jews are loaded into crowded boxcars. Pretend you
are there as either a Nazi, a Jew, or a bystander. Write about what
happened as if you were writing in your journal or diary.
- What did you see and hear?
- What did you feel?
- What did you do?
- Why was this happening?
- What do you think will happen after this?
Read your story in class and listen as others read theirs.
- Is there ever an absolutely correct point of view?
- Why was it important for Naziís to ignore the point of view of