Students will study the chronology of Nazi invasions.
- Students will look at the timeline on the Spread the Light
website for information about Nazi invasions.
- Students will consider questions about the invasions.
Invasion, occupy, seize
Look at the timeline on the Spread the Light website. What
countries were invaded, occupied, taken over, or seized by the Nazis
in the following years:
- 1938 (1 country)
- 1939 (2 countries)
- 1940 (6 countries)
- 1941 (3 countries)
- 1943 (1 country)
- 1944 (1 country)
Read your answers in class and look at a map of Europe as it looked
at that time. Stick a piece of paper over each country as it falls to
the Nazis. When the lists is finished, talk about the questions below.
- What year were the most countries invaded?
- Which do you think is easier, to invade a country or to occupy and
control it? Explain.
- The Nazis wanted to control the whole world. Look at the map and
think about that. Would it have been possible? Why or why not?