Students will consider how art can allow us to describe the
- Students will look at how Dr. Fisch illustrates traumatic details
- Students will illustrate a response to trauma.
Indescribable, trauma, response, collage
Look carefully at the words and painting on page 14 of Light
From The Yellow Star. This is a short paragraph filled with
horror. Ask yourself:
- Are the horrors reflected in the painting?
- What is the figure feeling?
- What does the question mark represent?
We all experienced trauma and horror on September 11. Draw,
describe, or create a collage that reflects your feelings about the
Present your image to the class and answer any questions they may
- Why do people write or create images about horrible events?
- How did you feel after you finished your project?