Students will use a timeline to locate and identify events.
- Students will look at the timeline on the Spread the Light
website for information about several events.
- Students will consider questions about the events.
Nuremberg, deprive, fundamental,
Look at the timeline on the Spread the Light website for
answers to these questions:
- In September of 1935, the German government passed the Nuremberg
Laws. What did the laws mean for German Jews?
- Kristallnacht happened in November of 1938. What does the word
mean? What happened that night? What happened to Jews after that
- What happened during Operation Harvest Festival in November of
Read your answers in class. Discuss the questions below.
- Why do you think people give names to such horrible events?
- How does it make you feel to hear about laws that were passed to
take away people’s rights? Could that happen today? Why or why
- How does it make you feel when you hear a cheerful name like
Harvest Festival and then find out what it means?