Subject: Social Studies
Students look at the role geographical terrain played in decisions
made by Nazis.
- Students will identify characteristics of different areas of
- Students will consider the effects of environmental factors in
decisions made by Nazis.
Terrain, environmental factors, concentration camp, physical
Pick one concentration camp and locate it on a map of Europe during
the war. Collect information about the location of the camp.
- What physical characteristics were important to the location?
- Why was it located where it was?
Present your information and ideas in a written or oral report to
the class. Try to answer any questions they may have.
Look carefully at maps of Europe during World War II.
- Why do you think so many camps are located in Eastern Europe?
What were the benefits?
- What does the placement of camps tell you about the Naziís
plans to exterminate the Jews? Was it haphazard or carefully