Students will consider how images are used to convey emotion.
- Students will consider Dr. Fisch’s use of hand imagery to convey
- Students will use images of hands to represent other emotions.
Imagery, convey, emotion, response
Look carefully at the words and painting on page 10 of Light
From The Yellow Star. Ask yourself:
- What does the picture tell us about the treatment of Jews by the
- What do the hands in the picture represent?
Now try drawing or describing hands that express a different
emotion. How would you use hands to show happiness? Surprise? Anger?
Present your image(s) to the class and answer any questions they
- How have the colors on page 10 changed from the colors used on
pages 6 and 8?
- Why do you think Dr. Fisch is using these colors?
- How do the colors make you feel?