Students will use art to respond to destruction and loss.
- Students will consider how Dr. Fisch illustrates his emotions.
- Students will illustrate their response to a similar situation.
Illustrate, destruction, reflection, response
Look carefully at the words and picture on page 12 of Light
From The Yellow Star. Ask yourself:
- What does the picture represent?
- Why does Dr. Fisch use only black and white in this painting?
- What if your teacher tore up a picture of you or a member of
your family? How would you feel?
Draw, describe, or make a collage to illustrate your feelings.
Present your image to the class and answer any questions they may
- Why are photographs so important to us?
- Which do you think is more powerful, creation or destruction?