Students will use Dr. Fisch’s description of himself as a
template for writing their own short autobiography.
- Students will read Dr. Fisch’s description of himself, his
family, and his life in Light From the Yellow Star.
- Students will write their own short autobiography.
Autobiography, determination, endurance, compassion, devout,
Read page 8 of Light From the Yellow Star. Dr. Fisch writes
a short description of his life up to the point of the Nazi occupation
Write about your own life in the way Dr. Fisch did:
- Describe your family members, their favorite sayings, and what
you have learned from each of them.
- Describe your home life.
- Describe your place in your family, your town, your state, your
country, or the world. Decide what is important to your identity
and write about it.
Hand your piece in or (if you are comfortable) read it to the
class. Listen as others read their autobiographies. Think about how
many worlds there are in one classroom.
- What title might be on Dr. Fisch’s autobiography?
- What about your own?